The Kansas City Restoration School and the KC Timebank are designed and built at the crossroads of democracy and equity. The timebank is unique because it offers many different valuable opportunities for activating our school's mission.
Timebank Opportunities By Design
- The Kansas City Restoration School Community has default memberships that are connected to their KCRS employment and/or school enrollment status. Extended family members (living outside of the household) of KCRS staff and students will be expected to acquire a separate membership as an individual, family, or organization in the KC Metro Area. All KCRS Community members make a 20-hour commitment to the KC Timebank; this works like an insurance policy on the flow of equity.
- The Greater Kansas City Metro Area is invited to join the Kansas City Timebank.
- Individuals (Sliding Scale Donation $10-100)
- Families (Sliding Scale Donation $20-200)
- Organizations (Sliding Scale Donation $50-500)
- All members are invited to make an estimated time exchange commitment to the timebank and share that in their profile bio.
- If any individual would like to join the KC Timebank and join through time credits rather than a cash donation, they need only reach out to the KC Timebank Coordinator Committee and request it. Email Beth.Sarver@kcrestorationschool.org (We are currently looking for KC Timebank Coordinator Committee members. All time spent operating the KCTB will earn you time credits.)
- Payments can be made here. By signing up to be a member, you are signing up for periodic communications with updates and opportunities for collective action.
- When our students finally get to come to school: Date TBD; they will be able to engage with the timebank in search of enrichment opportunities and a wide variety of lessons to learn.
- All TBKC members must attend a "Gathering with a Purpose" Deep Dive Orientation to Timebanking to have their profile approved for exchanging time with other members.